Rutter Networking Technologies, Inc. is a leading end-to-end networking solutions provider in the Northeast. Our company is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for technical and sales professionals that will promote our implementation and support solutions for leading manufacturers such as VMware, EMC, Cisco, Microsoft, F5 Networks, Check Point, Blue Coat, and others. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to deliver and promote our core competencies to end users within the Northeast area. View current careers at Rutter below:
Send mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Rutter Networking Technologies, Inc.
Re: (list position applying)
10 High Street
Andover, MA 01810
Phone: 978-642-1000 / Fax: 978-657-0595
Security Services Support Engineer
As a Security Services Support Engineer, your day to day responsibilities will require you to provide tier 2 and tier 3 support services for our customer’s environments. This will involve break/fix support as well as configuration assistance for any ‘how-to’ questions a customer might have. This position will also involve handling day-to-day configuration and maintenance of our managed services customers, providing all levels of activities from basic changes to upgrades and reconfigurations as needed or requested by the customers. Managing customer satisfaction and driving problem resolution is a key part of this role. Travel is limited and contained within the New England area only.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in mission critical, multi-vendor environments supporting different elements of security infrastructure, including firewalls, load balancers, content filtering, intrusion prevention and VPN concentrators.
- This individual should have a solid understanding of network infrastructure and fundamentals as well as a basic knowledge of security best practices.
- Experience with managing and configuring Check Point products (firewalls and management), Bluecoat content filtering, and two factor authentication solutions is highly desirable.
- Candidates should have the ability to articulate technical details and assumptions in both written and verbal form, as well as the ability to troubleshoot issues independently.
- Vendor certifications such as a Check Point CCSA/CCSE is a plus.
Network Support Engineer
Rutter Networking Technologies, Inc. (RNT), a New England based consulting company, is seeking a Network Support Enginner.
As a Support Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will require you to provide tier 2 and tier 3 phone and remote access services for our customer's network infrastructure. In addition, you will be responsible for performing managed services tasks as assigned. Occasional onsite presence may be required as you develop in the position. This position will require extensive customer and vendor/partner interaction often times in high pressure troubleshooting situations. The postion also presents opportunities to work from home.
- Sound understanding of network fundamentals
- A minimum of 3-5 yrs of experience in mission critical, multi-vendor enviornments supporting different elements of network infrastructure including: routers/switches, load balancers, enterprise wireless solutions, and network access control
- Experience providing phone/remote access support is a plus
- Experience with managing and implementing Cisco and Extreme Networks (routers/switches, wireless) would be favorably considered
- Exposure to Extreme Networks' NetSight Suite is desired (Console, Policy and NAC)
- Experience with F5 Network products (LTM and GTM) would be preferred
- Vendor Certification such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP is required
The ideal candidate will also have the following Technical Skills & Vendor Exposure:
- Ability to trouble-shoot complex configurations
- Familiarity with Cisco System products
- Knowledge of Extreme Networks Netsight Suite and F5 Networks LTM Configuration